High School Programs
DEFENDING STATE CHAMPIONS - HS Boys & HS Girls Varsity 2017, Boys JV 2017
Both the Boys & Girls HS programs are proud members of the Montana High School Lacrosse Association (MHSLA).
Both follow all rules set forth by US Lacrosse (NFHS Rules).
Girls High School Varsity & Junior Varsity Teams
• Practices will begin February 20th, 2017. Player evaluations that will take place at the Belgrade Event Center the week of March 5, 2018 to determine Varsity & Junior Varsity team placement.
• Early season practices will be 3x per week indoors with a 4th outdoor conditioning session and move 4x per week once outside.
• Preseason Kick-off Clinic February 24-25th, 2018. This clinic is not included in your registration fee and registration will be opened as an add-on program once the details of the clinic are finalized.
• The 2018 Spring Season Schedule of play is being determined by the nelwy formed MHSLA and we expect to have full season schedules by the end of January, 2018.
Boys High School Varsity & Junior Varsity Teams
• Player evaluations that will take place at the Belgrade Event Center in January on consecutive Sundays to determine Varsity & Junior Varsity team placement. More details for player evaluations will be set out early January. Any player that makes Varsity will incur an additional chargesto accommodate the scheduling and travel requirements. Remaining HS players will be placed on the Junior Varsity team(s) to gain more experience and improve skills.
• Practice Schedule will be determined by team placement. There will be at least 3 practices a week, subject to field availability and weather.
• All teams may travel out of town for season games and tournaments on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the season. Please check schedules for actual dates once they are finalized and posted on the website.
• The season runs from late-February through first week in June with the potential to be extended.
• All qualified high school aged players are eligible to play on this team with the understanding that this is a competitive team and league.
• Although equal playing time is emphasized, coaches retain authority to make competitive game decisions as they see fit as well as moving players up from JV to Varsity.
• All Bozeman Lacrosse players are students first. We encourage parents to partner with coaches to create a plan of action to help their student-athlete employ productive study habits.
• A strength and conditioning program will be created for all HS lacrosse players and it is strongly encouraged that all HS players participate.